What's up with mplayer?

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Wed Nov 17 10:28:54 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:15:35 -0800
Clint Olsen <clint at 0lsen.net> wrote:

Hi,

> I've been trying to build this port w/o success since I am unable to
> get gnome-1.1.tar.bz2 since the signature/size doesn't match on
> ftp.freebsd.org.  The build fails when it compares them.

I've checked and indeed the md5 listed in distinfo and the size are both
different from what I have in /usr/ports/distfiles/mplayer. Sounds like
the tarball was rerolled. As as workaround you could do make makesum to
recompute the md5.

> Can anyone recommend an alternative to mplayer in the meantime?

xine (multimedia/xine) is pretty similar (feature wise) and will happily
play all formats you throw at it.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org> | Extreme ways are back again