portupgrade problem

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Nov 14 15:23:36 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Doug Barton wrote:

> Another (and I think very useful) way to look at this would be to
> declare certain ports _directories_ "leaf" directories in the sense that
> ports whose frameworks live within them should not be depended on by
> other ports.

Right, that's what I was implying, although my sentence structure was
probably bad.

When I last looked at the problem in March, in the existing 'really
are leaves' categories there were ... 680 ports.  With the repocopies,
japanese would add another 430 today.  So, about 10% in all, and
that's why I didn't really push for it at the time.

mcl