GRASS GIS 5.3, 5.4, 5.7 - anyone else compiling these?

Michael L. Squires mikes at siralan.org
Sun Nov 14 02:23:44 GMT 2004

Some time ago I compiled GRASS GIS 5.3 (a later version than that in the
ports) but through a mistake lost the modified sources.  I'm about to try
again using 5.4 and 5.7; 5.4 was released a few days ago.

5.3 was pretty easy to compile by using the framework of the FreeBSD port
(thanks) and modifying the patches to fix similar changes required for 5.3
to compile.  I had to update the "proj" port but since then the "proj"
port has been updated to a compatible version.

I am not a GRASS guru; my interest is in developing a platform for
teaching policy analysis (including OpenOffice, "R", GRASS, and a
postgreSQL back end) under FreeBSD.

If I get something reasonable I'll of course submit a port, but that won't
be in the immediate future.

Mike Squires, Ph.D. (political science)
UN*X at home since 1986