HEADSUP: INDEX[-5] files were removed from CVS.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Nov 13 18:37:50 GMT 2004

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 10:01:08AM -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:
> On Saturday 13 November 2004 05:58 am, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 12:39:15AM +1100, Mark Russell wrote:
> > > please back this out, it breaks things, I've never found an out of date
> > > index to be a problem, now not havign an index is causing problems, also
> > > the extra bandwidth for fetch index is a hassle.
> >
> > What things did it break ?  If you want to save your bandwidth, you
> > can use "make index" in /usr/ports/.
> >

> If someone would commit ports/73612, we would have a fast generator like
> portindex back :).

Thank you for the vote of confidence.  In the mean time, you can
download the FreeBSD::Portindex module from

    http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/portindex/index.html

Installation instructions are on that page -- once (if...) the port
gets committed it will be pretty easy to just:

    # pkg_delete bsdpan-FreeBSD-Portindex-1.1
    # portinstall sysutils/p5-FreeBSD-Portindex

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way