HEADSUP: INDEX[-5] files were removed from CVS.

Richard Coleman rcoleman at criticalmagic.com
Sat Nov 13 15:39:04 GMT 2004

Mark Russell wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Richard Coleman wrote:
>>> please back this out, it breaks things, I've never found an out of
>>> problems, also the extra bandwidth for fetch index is a hassle.
>>>
>>> at least let the issue be discused on the list.
>>

>> Just change your cvsup script to rebuild INDEX[-5] afterwards.  That's
>> what I do.  The change is fine with me.
>
> on trees that are mounted -ro this barfs, on my p120 which does my
> personal mail and updates virus defs every 2 hours its dead in the water.

I haven't tried it, but you can probably just edit out the lines
concerning INDEX[-5] in /usr/sup/ports-all/checkout file.  Once cvsup
believes it didn't create the file, it won't delete it.  The same will
also be true if you rebuild INDEX[-5] after cvsup has deleted it the
first time.  It shouldn't delete it a second time (since it didn't
install the file).  Then you can rebuild a new INDEX[-5] when you desire.

Richard Coleman
rcoleman at criticalmagic.com