HEADSUP: INDEX[-5] files were removed from CVS.

Mark Russell freebsd at mark.net.au
Sat Nov 13 14:06:50 GMT 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 12:39:15AM +1100, Mark Russell wrote:
>
>> please back this out, it breaks things, I've never found an out of date
>> index to be a problem, now not havign an index is causing problems, also
>> the extra bandwidth for fetch index is a hassle.
>
> What things did it break ?

it takes forever to do a portupgrade -a

>If you want to save your bandwidth, you
> can use "make index" in /usr/ports/.

which then gets wiped out each time a cvsup of ports is done wasting cpu
cycles so portupgrade must then generate a new INDEX file each time its
run, and when you have ports/ nfsed across a number of boxen as ro it
barfs

--
This email message has been automatically encrypted using ROT-26.