HEADSUP: INDEX[-5] files were removed from CVS.

Mark Russell freebsd at mark.net.au
Sat Nov 13 13:39:19 GMT 2004

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since CVS version of INDEX was always out-dated, portmgr decided to
> remove it from CVS tree.  You will still be able to build your own
> INDEX or use 'fetchindex' target in /usr/ports/.

please back this out, it breaks things, I've never found an out of date
index to be a problem, now not havign an index is causing problems, also
the extra bandwidth for fetch index is a hassle.

at least let the issue be discused on the list.

--
Europe, n.
A civilized, advanced part of the world where genocidal wars of "ethnic cleansing" take place every three or four years.