FreeBSD Port: freetds-msdblib-0.62.3

Arun Pereira arun at velcom.com
Thu Nov 11 00:03:16 GMT 2004

Hi,
    There is an issue with the freetds-msdblib port for Freebsd 5.3 where the use of tdsver=7.0 switch is required to get tsql to connect to MSSQL 2000 servers. I believe that this needs to be changed in the Makefile for this port. There is also an issue with building applications as shared libraries when linking against libct.so.2 as it complains about Undefined symbol "getpwuid_r". Is this a known bug or something that needs to be fixed? If this is a bug and needs to be fixed, please let me know and I will try and figure it out and submit a patch. However, if this is something that was caused as a result of compile time settings for my app with gcc, please let me know a fix for it.
I appreciate any replies on this subject.
Thank you,
Arun Pereira
Senior Developer
Velcom.com