FreeBSD Port: clamav-0.80_1

Used Equipment resale_equip at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 18:48:36 GMT 2004

Hi Rob,
I've noticed a problem and there are a few people in
Clams list, having the same problem. All appear to be
on Freebsd 4.9 and freebsd 4.10.

There isn't a lot of data, I'm afraid.

Using clam whether by ports or by clams source tree,
clamd appears to be shutting down randomly, usually
after midnight. Not even during an update.
During startup the resident size is 7M and CPU usage
during normal run is around 5% and machine load is
.85.
libmilter is neg with only one process.
During the random crash after midnight, no warning, no
slow down, resident mem grows to 32M, 97% CPU, system
load is 24.65+ clammilter spawns max processes when
clamd quits responding. There is no debug output prior
to the error. In fact, there isn't much at all.
Have you had any complaints?

Just wondering, I was hoping to avoid a lengthy debug
process on a production box.