rc.subr extensions

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Tue Nov 9 08:46:13 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:01:24AM +0100, Volker Stolz wrote:
> In gmane.os.freebsd.devel.ports, you wrote:
> > - define RC_FILES, which contain a list of all the files to be
> >   stored in /usr/local/etc/rc.d. This file may contain macros like
> >   %%LOCALBASE%% and %%RC_SUBR%%.
>
> Excellent! While we discussed this at the ports BOF at EuroBSDCon, it
> was suggested to have a knob for deciding whether to run
> "${RC_SCRIPT} restart" on updating a port -- it has to be configurable
> since the administrator might want fine-grained control. Any chance of
> adding this as sugar on top?

That would be if somebody does do "make reinstall" ?

It doesn't matter if it happens when a "make install" is happening,
since rc.subr would check for the deamon_enable in the /etc/rc.conf
anyway.

I'm just wondering how this would be done when you upgrade from a
package... Any suggestions?

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org