Thunderbird missing RSS feature

Alex Varju alex at varju.ca
Sat Nov 6 20:31:28 GMT 2004

Hi there,

Is it just me, or is Thunderbird on FreeBSD missing the RSS feeds
option?  I first noticed this with Thunderbird 0.8, and have confirmed
that it's still not there with 0.9 built from the port this morning.

When using the Windows version of Thunderbird, the Account Wizard shows
"RSS News & Blogs" as one of the account types that can be created.  On
my FreeBSD system, this option is missing.  Digging through the
installed files

I can't find anything in the FreeBSD or Mozilla bug databases indicating
that this is a common problem, nor can I find anything in the release
notes indicating that the RSS option is not available for all platforms.
  I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm running releng_5_3 built a few
days ago on an AMD64.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

Thanks,
Alex.