HEADS UP: databases/postgresql72 is dying

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 5 16:21:11 PST 2004

FYI.  Prior to the postgresql new-world-order in ports/, I have now
tagged databases/postgresql72 (current version 7.2.5) as DEPRECATED,
with it being removed from the tree on or about 1st January 2005.

You are *strongly* urged to upgrade to either 7.3.x or 7.4.x

As previously stated (on ports@), this will also affect the FreePascal
in lang/fpc (but *not* lang/fpc-devel, corresponding to a relatively new
beta prior to 2.0) which will be tagged as BROKEN once postgresql72 goes
away, and will be subject to the usual reaper-timeout for defunct ports.

Of course, if someone comes up with patches to fix
databases/fpc-postgres to work with postgresql-7.3.x or (preferably)
7.4.x, feel free to mail me and I'll add them in.

-aDe