Amarok

Derrick Edwards dantavious at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 09:52:17 PST 2004

    I am having probs with using the Musicbrainz functaniolity of this
great player. When I select the button to Fill-in  Tags Using the
MusicBrainz to update the music file with the correct information, it
responds with a "Generating TRM..." message.  Hours will pass with this
same message but nothing changes.  MusicBrainz is installed well, actually
pkg_info yields this:

focus# pkg_info |grep music
libmusicbrainz-2.1.1 2nd generation incarnation of the CD Index - audio
metadata
libtunepimp-0.3.0_1 Client library for musicbrainz

I initally tried to deinstall these ports and install
/usr/ports/audio/musicbrainz because they can not co-exist because they
install in the same place , however, amarok and many other apps were
dependent on the deinstalled ports and would not work. Would like to
know if this functantionly is actually working and how to get mine working.

Thanks for your assistance
Dantavious