portindex -- the second coming.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 12:01:22 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 11:12:17AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 11:51:07PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>
> > Slightly later than planned (real life getting in the way I'm afraid),
> > here's the third (and I hope final) beta version:
> >
> >     http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/portindex/portindex-0.3.tar.bz2
> >
> > This incorporates various bug fixes and feedback from earlier versions.
>
> I took a quick look at the code, and it doesn't look like you track
> .included files.  This is important, because changes to
> e.g. <bsd.kde.mk>, or "../../othercategory/otherport/Makefile.inc" can
> change the result of 'make describe' of the port, and therefore the
> resulting INDEX.

Good point.  Very good point -- now why didn't I see that, dammit?
Aha!  Hidden away at the end of the make(1) man page:

    make -V .MAKEFILE_LIST | tr \  \\n

OK -- I think I can work that in without too much major surgery.  Good
timing though -- I was literally just writing a port submission for
version 1.0, which is sitting on my website already to go...
http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/portindex/ if you're interested.
Functionality is just about identical to 0.3, but I've added all the
ExtUtils::MakeMaker gubbins to make it all installable.  Seems the
port is going to be postponed for a while now.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way