[kde-freebsd] x11/kde3: No kwifimanager or kwireless?

Aeefyu afu-subscribed-list at aeefyu.net
Thu May 27 19:06:34 PDT 2004

Will Andrews wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:26:38AM +0200, Markus Brueffer wrote:
>
>>As Michael and Adriaan already pointed out, the wifi-stuff is Linux-only at
>>the moment.
>>
>>I'll get my hands on a x86-based Notebook in the next couple of days
>>(unfortunately I can't run FreeBSD and KDE on my Powerbook, yet), so expect
>>some movement regarding the KDE wifi tools, say in the next one or two
>>months.
>

> I wish you luck with that.  I tried to port the tools a while
> ago, but it was pretty difficult and I gave up when I got nowhere.

Of course, if someone can port it over to FreeBSD, I would think it
would be swell! However, I dont think its a must-have, merely a
nice-to-have, especially if FreeBSD "wireless" were to reach critical mass!

I was not aware it was linux-only, as *almost* every reference out there
  points out kiwifimanager or kwireless to me if I wanna get a
hassle-free wireless connection working on  KDE. I should have been more
specific that I was using FreeBSD as well

Thanks all

--
Feisal
Webcraft Solutions - http://www.webcraftsolutions.com