"Featured ports of the month"

Eivind Eklund eivind at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 24 05:29:53 PDT 2004

(Sorry for the lack of a Reference/In-Reply-To - I found the thread
through the archive on the web site, and I'm not on the list.  Please
keep Cc)

I have been thinking of one way to do something similar to this: Give
each committer their own "private" setup-port.  For instance, I would
have /usr/ports/committersetup/eivind.  Here, we put stuff for default
configs we want, including dependencies on our favorite ports,
post-processing, changes of FreeBSD config files, or whatever.  This
would automatically create a list of ports that some central FreeBSD
users (the committers) are interested in, as well as providing sample
configuration files and possibly leading to infrastructure making this
kind of "personal configuration" easier to create.

Eivind.