Help about port

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri May 21 05:38:54 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 08:27:43PM -0700, Nurul Faizal Bin M.Shukeri wrote:

> Could u plz help me.. Can u explain how to upgrade my ports, coz sometimes
> default ports ask for old file, but it doesn't exist in any server. Plz help
> me. I'm try to configure php with PDFlib, but it request the 5.0.2, but only
> 5.0.3 exist on servers. TQ

The Handbook is your friend:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html

Once you've got the ports directory tree updated, install the
sysutils/portupgrade port, build a new index (cd /usr/ports and type
'make index': it will take some time to finish) and run

    # portupgrade -Nia

This should update all of your installed ports in the correct
dependencies first order.  You may need several iterations at doing
that if your installed ports are in a real mess.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way