Latest version of teTeX

Kay Lehmann kay_lehmann at web.de
Fri May 21 04:05:40 PDT 2004

Fernan Aguero wrote:
> +----[ Rob <stopspam at users.sourceforge.net> (21.May.2004 03:12):
> |
> | >Did you remember to select XDVIK?
> |
> | Hmmm, I did following, again:
> |
> |   # cd /usr/ports/print/teTeX
> |   # make WITH_XDVIK=yes WITH_DVIPSK=yes
> |   # portinstall -wWf teTeX
> |   # make clean
> |   # rehash
> |   # texconfig
> |
> +----]
>
> Hmm, the prooblem that i see here is that you specify your
> WITH_* options using make but you don't do make install
> after you finish building teTeX. Instead you use portinstall
> (which is a different beast), which IIRC calls 'make clean'
> on the port before doing anything, so you lose your
> specified options.
>
> Either you do
> make clean && make WITH_XDVIK=yes WITH_DVIPSK=yes install
> or
> portinstall -m 'WITH_XDIVK=yes WITHDVIPSK=yes' teTeX
>
> Haven't tested it, BTW, but I guess that this might be the
> problem.
>
> Fernan

Affaik -wW tells portinstall to not to make clean before and after
installation, so this shouldn't be the problem.
To Rob: did you deinstall tetex before this? Just removing entry in
/var/db is somehow ugly. I would recommend to do a real upgrade using
portupgrade with above mentioned -m args (or just deinstall before
installing). This worked for me, so I would expect it to work for you, too.

Greets,
Kay