Latest version of teTeX

Kay Lehmann kay_lehmann at web.de
Thu May 20 03:42:12 PDT 2004

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 11:42:06PM +0200, Kay Lehmann wrote:

>>Okay this was my story. So in opinion it would be much better to install
>>xdvi and dvips by default since they are definitly part of tetex and
>>should stay a part of tetex. And maybe the config.ps/texconfig problems
>>will be gone again. I think it would be much better not using these
>>options if everything works as expected after installation of tetex and
>>note users of the seperate ports that they need to deinstall these if
>>they want to use tetex. That's just my opinion, but I thought it may
>>help finding a solution.
>

> We can probably have it both ways by giving tetex a dependency on the
> common xdvik file, pointing to a tetex-xdvik port by default.  This
> will allow someone to safely build the alternative japanese version if
> they want it, and the default remains as it was before the recent
> commits.
>
> Kris

This could be an option, too. But we need to definitly resolve the
problems regarding the config.ps-file, if we do not want to revert to
previous version of teTeX (see the new thread from today regarding lyx).
It seems that there are some more people having problems with it and I
think we should resolve this problem.

Btw.: It would be nice to know what demon (sorry, I don't know his real
name) as the maintainer is thinking about this. Anybody knows if he's in
holidays or something like this?