Up-to-date INDEXes may now be downloaded from www.freebsd.org

Richard Coleman richardcoleman at mindspring.com
Tue May 18 16:16:39 PDT 2004

Mark Linimon wrote:

> On Monday 17 May 2004 09:26 am, Richard Coleman wrote:
>

>>Why not auto-commit them to CVS?
>

> Because at that point you not only bloat the master CVS repo
> (these things are 5M, and there are two of them, and this is
> happening hourly?), but you also force everyone who tracks
> the ports tree by (e.g.) cvsup to download each and every
> one of the diffs every time it changes (that's how CVS works
> internally).
>
> mcl

It's too bad there's not a way to force a commit to 1.0.1 (or whatever
the original repo number is) and have it over-write the previous commit.
  The only way I can think of doing this is to physically remove the
file in the repo first.  I guess that's not worth it.  Oh well, was just
wondering.

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman at mindspring.com