FreeBSD Port: rancid-2.3

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Mon May 17 06:26:52 PDT 2004

Dear Sergey,

	The problem with the rancid port came from the earlier version of
rancid. The rancid installed lots of programs in RANCID_HOME/bin. E.g.
called env, that could generate lots of problem. Fortunately this has been
changed with rancid 2.3, however rancid installs 44 program into a
RANCID_HOME/bin. Do you know a method to check, if a certain port does
not overwrite a file from another port?
	The other concern is, that rancid is rather specific for network
management. I didn't really like the idea to polute /usr/local/bin with
all the 44 binary programs. Therefore I let rancid to install its own
hierachy. But I am thinking of moving them to
/usr/local/libexec/rancid....
	I try to make rancid hier(7) compliant soon...

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98