portupgrade postgresql-7.3.4_1

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Sun May 16 14:42:19 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 14:03, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> You could use portupgrade (sysutils/portupgrade) instead of pkg_delete/make
> install. If you don't want to use portupgrade, you must use "pkg_delete
> -f". I recommend portupgrade. If you want to upgrade from 7.3 -> 7.4, just
> use -o: portupgrade -o databases/postgresql7 postgresql.

Thanks for the help, but I'm having an issue with the conflicts in
versions. If I try your suggestion of 'portupgrade -o
databases/postgresql7 postgresql', it errors out with conflict with the
postgresql-client-7.3.4_1. And if I try the portupgrade of the client
first, it errors with a conflict with the server. So, I did a pkg_delete
of the client and now get the following error when trying to 'make
install' the client after getting the server installed.

===>  postgresql-client-7.4.2 conflicts with installed package(s):
      postgresql-7.4.2
      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

--
Robert