x11-wm/xwmm [WAS: Possibly unbuildable ports reminder]

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri May 14 13:50:53 PDT 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 22:27, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> The only thing I really intended to do was clear up one little problem
> reported at
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/ports@freebsd.org.html
>
> So I am going ahead and submitting a PR to eliminate x11-wm/xwmm
> unless anyone has an objection.

Why?! You totally misunderstand what's going on - xwmm is not broken. It's
failing on the _alpha_ platform, and that's caused by a bug in gcc, not xwmm.
So why do you want to remove it?

It's nice you want to help getting the community maintained ports back into
shape, but xwmm does not need maintainance. The best thing for you to do
would be to go on and try to fix a different port from the list.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org