FreeBSD Port: gstreamer-plugins-0.8.1

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 08:18:37 PDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 01:54:02 -0700
Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 05:03:30PM +0300, Vladimir Chukharev wrote:
> > The port multimedia/gstreamer-plugins failed to upgrade for me. Removing
> > files/patch-gst-libs_ext_ffmpeg_ffmpeg_libavcodec_alpha_simple_i
> > solved the build problem. A fogotten file by chance?
>
> Yes, but not by us :)  That file was removed a year ago.
>
> Probably you either have a stale (incompletely updated) ports
> collection, or you updated it incorrectly with cvsup after installing
> from some other source (e.g. from CD or sysinstall).  See the FAQ on
> www.polstra.com about how to use cvsup to "adopt" your ports
> collection before you update it for the first time.  Failure to do
> this will lead to files being left behind and confusing later port
> builds, like what you describe.

How would this be done?  The CVSup FAQ describes using different tags
for adopting sources.  The (outdated) example says to use this for
the first cvsup:

	src-all tag=RELENG_2_2_5_RELEASE list=cvs:RELENG_2_2

Then use this for subsequent cvsups:

	src-all tag=RELENG_2_2

The CVSup FAQ says to check the Handbook for tags to use.  I was
under the impression that there was only one tag for ports:

	*default release=cvs tag=.

Its not very clear what should be done for adopting ports/docs
sources in the absense of multiple tags.  Some clarification would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy