FreeBSD Port: mjpegtools-1.6.1_2

Kay Lehmann kay_lehmann at web.de
Fri May 7 00:29:47 PDT 2004

Hello,

Marc Smith wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to use mjpegtools with transcode and it can not find
> 'export_mpeg2enc.so' or 'export_mp2enc.so' and I was under the
> impression these came with mjpegtools.

No, I think they come with transcode. Supporting mjpegtools is an option
of transcode:
Makefile
---snip---
.if exists(${LOCALBASE}/include/mjpegtools/yuv4mpeg.h)
WITH_MJPEG=     yes
.endif

.if defined(WITH_MJPEG)
LIB_DEPENDS+=   lavplay-1.6.1:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/mjpegtools
PLIST_SUB+=     WITH_MJPEG=""
.else
PLIST_SUB+=     WITH_MJPEG="@comment "
.endif
---snip---

pkg-plist:
---snip---
%%WITH_MJPEG%%lib/transcode/export_mpeg2enc.so
%%WITH_MJPEG%%lib/transcode/export_mp2enc.so
---snip---

> I poked around on Google a little
> bit and it seems RedHat users have the same problem with these libs not
> coming with the RPM of mjpegtools. I was wondering if this is also true
> for FreeBSD and if so, is there a way to make it so it does install these?
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Marc

So you have two options to get it working:
1. Install mjpegtools and build transcode from ports
2. build transcode with 'make WITH_MJPEG=yes'

greets,
Kay