problems with expat && gettext

paul beard paulbeard at mac.com
Wed Mar 31 13:14:05 PST 2004

I am trying to upgrade some ports that depend on one or both of these
two and I seem to keep getting caught in a loop. It looks like expat
isn't installing completely/correctly. And since gettext has a
dependency in expat, that hoses things up.

Information for expat-1.95.7:

Mismatched Checksums:
pkg_info: /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so doesn't exist

pkg_info: /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.5 doesn't exist

This is after "make deinstall && make reinstall", "portinstall -f",
portupgrade, etc.

If I pull packages and install those, all seems to be well:

Information for expat-1.95.6_1:

Mismatched Checksums:

and this looks healthier as well.

file /usr/local/lib/libexpat*
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.a:    current ar archive
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so:   symbolic link to libexpat.so.4
/usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.4: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel
80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped

is there a way to make this work?
--
Paul Beard
<www.paulbeard.org/>