problem while building ports

Vlad Kozin epbox at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 31 02:58:17 PST 2004

I've run into the following problem with my ports collection. Whatever
port I'm trying to install the process stops returning this:

>cd /path/to/some/port
>make install
... ...
make  all-recursive
Making all in lib
cd: can't cd to lib
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/libungif/work/libungif-4.1.0b1.
*** Error code 1
... ...

In this example I was trying to install "fluxspace". I faced the same
problem with "mutt" and a couple of other ports. "libungif" is
specific for the above example, it changes from port to port. The
important and common thing about this problem is that the process claims:

creating lib/Makefile

but it cannot cd to the newly created directory

cd: can't cd to lib

Any ideas are very wellcome, cause right now I'm stuck having no
chance to install the programms I need :(

Vlad Kozin