Sign your name in pkg-descr is useless or useful?

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Fri Mar 26 08:25:21 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:42:49PM +0300, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> And desctribe target should be fixed too for backward compatible.
> But it's quite easy. I'm not sure for bento scripts and may be something
> more?
>
> Anyway a patch can be ready for a few minutes. But what portmgr thinks?

I think centralizing these formatting outputs is a good idea.
We can also set rules for how "MAINTAINER" should be formatted.
How about this:

MAINTAINER=	email at address Name1 Name2 Name3 ...

... this will still allow programs that interpret MAINTAINER
directly by taking the second field (whitespace delimiter) to
work correctly, and makes writing said function simple.

Regards,
--
wca