installing ifc at the moment (version conflict)

Fri Mar 26 00:43:05 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:32:26 -0500
"Dr. Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk at slytherin.ds.psu.edu> wrote:

> > ifc maintainer CCed.
>
> > > #PATCHLEVEL=    ${PORTVERSION:C/(.+p)(.+)$/pe\2/}
> > > PATCHLEVEL=     pe043
>
> > > This installed the patched version (with the help of NO_CHECKSUM).
>
> > This is not enough. The icc port has the "intel-patch" target in the
> > makefile. This needs to be used for ifc too.
>
> OK, I'll add that.  Is what I did the right way to set patch level?

It's a work around. Using something similar like the icc port does,
makes it more easy for the maintainer to update the port. In the icc
port you just have to set the PORTVERSION in a specific way and the
PATCHLEVEL will be set to the right string automatically.

> > > /usr/local/intel_fc_80/lib/libifcore.a(for_diags.o): In function
> > > `redirect_stderr':
>
> etc.
>
> > > and so forth.  I'm guessing that this is some kind of library mismatch.
>
> > Remember, this is not a native port. It's a linux port "hacked" to
> > produce FreeBSD binaries. I think you have to add a lseek64 wrapper into
> > lang/ifc/files/linux_file.c.
>
> ?  But that's installed by the port.  Wouldn't this mean that everyone
> who installs the port has to do this (defeating the purpose?).  I
> certainly know my way about Fortran, but I don't know enough C to have
> any idea what the above even means.

The port needs an update to the actual patch level. This includes to
write a "lseek64" function which calls the appropriate native FreeBSD
function. You are trying to update it ATM, but as you said, you are
lacking the appropriate skills to do it.

So if you depend on a bugfix for ifc, you have to find someone with
access to the ifc distfiles, enough knowledge to fix the problem and
enough time to do it.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I will be available to get hired in April 2004.