Name of installed binary is i386-portbld-freebsd4.7-cs240chessneed it to be cs240chess

David Godsey dave at godseyfamily.com
Thu Mar 25 08:54:10 PST 2004

Well I just got some flack for forgetting to include a Subject line, so
I'll put one in this one:

Probably a simple one, but I haven't found anything on it in the
Porter's Handbook, and google didn't find it for me.

When I build my project not as a FreeBSD port, I get a binary named
cs240chess and it installs it with that name.  When I do it a as a
FreeBSD port I get i386-portbld-freebsd4.7-cs240chess.  How do I change
this name back to cs240chess?

Also when I try "make package" it tells me it can't find "bin/chess".
Where does "make package" get the name of the binary it is supposed to
package?

Any help on this would we great.  Thanks.

I forgot to include this in the last email.  Here is my Make file:

# New ports collection makefile for:   CS240chess
# Date created:        21 March 2004
# Whom:                David Godsey
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=      CS240chess
PORTVERSION=   1.0
CATEGORIES=    games
MASTER_SITES=  ftp://ts8.vps2.iserver.net/

MAINTAINER=    dave at godseyfamily.com
COMMENT=       A simple chess game nobody will really want

##[dependencies -- can be empty]
BUILD_DEPENDS=   gtk--:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/gtk--
BUILD_DEPENDS=   pcre:${PORTSDIR}/devel/pcre

GNU_CONFIGURE= yes

.include <bsd.port.mk>
David Godsey

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov