The name of the binary installed is wrong

David Godsey dave at godseyfamily.com
Thu Mar 25 07:36:24 PST 2004

Probably a simple one, but I haven't found anything on it in the
Porter's Handbook, and google didn't find it for me.

When I build my project not as a FreeBSD port, I get a binary named
cs240chess and it installs it with that name.  When I do it a as a
FreeBSD port I get i386-portbld-freebsd4.7-cs240chess.  How do I change
this name back to cs240chess?

Also when I try "make package" it tells me it can't find "bin/chess".
Where does "make package" get the name of the binary it is supposed to
package?

Any help on this would we great.  Thanks.

David Godsey

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov