cvs commit: ports/devel/libvanessa_adt Makefile pkg-plist ports/devel/libvanessa_adt/files patch-ltmain.sh

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 24 23:35:46 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:27:59 +0100
Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock at gmx.net> wrote:

> libltdl, USE_LIBTOOL, lt_dlopen(), life, the universe and everything
> and then condense it again so it will fit in the porter's handbook
> somewhere, but it might take some time - I suck at writing concise
> documentation. :)

FWIW, under the new world order, the generation and installation
(through libtool) of .la files will become the default ON, with a
specific knob to turn them off.

I count about 3,600 inodes (rough guess) of .la files (assuming an
entire ports tree install, and with some very crud math), vs. the
apparent usefulness of these files, not only for the "plugin thing", but
also increasingly for IDE's.

-aDe