Sign your name in pkg-descr is useless or useful?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Mar 24 20:59:29 PST 2004

Hello,

I just now noticed that in the Porter handbook said:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-desc.html#AEN81
It is recommended that you sign your name at the end of this file, as in:

This is a port of oneko, in which a cat chases a poor mouse all over
the screen.
  :
(etc.)

WWW: http://www.oneko.org/

- Satoshi
asami at cs.berkeley.edu

I think, it's useless because most of us don't do it. Also, we already
have the Whom: and MAINTAINER in the Makefile. It seems to me that sign
our name in it is making no sense for pkg-descr as in description file.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.