mozilla and bind

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Fri Mar 19 19:00:49 PST 2004

Doug Barton wrote:

[...]

> Please try the following, and let me know if it works:
>
> 1. pkg_delete bind8*
> 2. cd /usr/ && mv include include-old
> 3. cd /usr/src && make includes
> 4. cd /usr/ports/dns/bind8
> 5. Apply the following patch
> 6. make clean && make -DPORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND8 install
>
> Then test the mozilla build. I have every reason to believe this should
> fix you up, if it does, please let me know and I'll commit this fix to
> the bind8 and bind84 ports.

[...]

> -WRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/src
> +.if defined(PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND8_INCLUDES)
> +INCLUDE_PATH=	include
> +PLIST_SUB+=	INCLUDE_PATH=${INCLUDE_PATH}
> +.else
> +INCLUDE_PATH=	include/bind
> +PLIST_SUB+=	INCLUDE_PATH=${INCLUDE_PATH}
> +.endif

Since this may still overwrite the include files without changing the PKGNAME,
it seems like a good idea to keep the build conflicts with bind8-base ports.

Moreover we can run into problems if the port is installed with
PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND8_INCLUDES, without PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND8 and
/usr/local/include is in the path.

-Oliver