getting ports

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Fri Mar 19 06:58:38 PST 2004

Hi,

>   I wanted to install kdeaddons-kfile-plugins-3.2.1 but there was no
> entry for that in my /usr/ports/.... directory. So i decided to find the
> port in the net and install it this way.

This program _is_ in the ports collection:

make search name=kdeaddons-kfile
Port:   kdeaddons-kfile-plugins-3.2.1
Info:   Plugins for Konqueror (in filemanager mode)
Maint:  kde at FreeBSD.org
Index:  misc kde
[...]

Perhaps you'll need to update your ports collection. In case you don't
know how to do that, here[1] is a description.

Once your ports are up to date, installing kfile-plugins should work
straight forward:

# cd /usr/ports/misc/kfile-plugins
# make install clean

Simon

[1] file:///usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html
    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html
    (-> 4.5.1, CVSup method)