I believe lang/icc* are not open-source nor 'free', right?

Paul Seniura pdseniura at techie.com
Thu Mar 18 17:52:02 PST 2004

Hello,

Thank you for explaining.

I am wanting very badly to try icc, anything to enhance the
Puny Pentium2 I'm forced to use at work (search the
archives for that term, I'm sure you'll come across my
longer explanations ;) . But the license shoots it down
fast. :(

The discussions on cvs-src list were almost making me
panic, so I had to say something quick from another
perspective.  My previous msg has header lines pointing to
the beginning of that thread, starting with the commits to
allow building kernel with icc.  Seems the other
respondents here haven't taken time to read them to
understand where I'm coming from.  They are/were actually
considering publicly distributing kernels built with icc --
something we are not privvy to use, as I understand the
license, and so must be clearly marked.

There are enough patches in the original projects to let
things compile using just about everything under the sun --
it makes one go crazy looking at all the code.  Let's hope
icc doesn't cause more trouble.

"The problem with standards is that there are too many."

  --  thx, Paul Seniura.