fresh built programs no more show japanese pages

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 18 09:56:23 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 12:31, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 16:57, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:14:04 +0100
> >
> > Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer at fernuni-hagen.de> wrote:
> > > today i realized that japanese pages are no more shown correctly in
> > > konqueror and freeze newer mozilla compiles. An older package works
> > >
> > > Sorry i can't say when this started.
> > >
> > > Even xfontsel behaves strange when choosing jis family, it
> > > regenerates again when choosing european families.
> > >
> > > i updated to libXft and friends btw.
> >
> > I'm facing the simmilar problem, too. Mozilla/firefox window simply
> > gone, or hanging forever. Looks like the main culprit is
> > Xft (libXft). What I did for temporary measure was:
> > 1) revert to older Xft-2.1.2
> > OR
> > 2) using libmap.conf facility to remap libXft.so(.2) to older
> >    libXft.so(.2) taken from Xft-2.1.2 (put it somewhere under
> >    lib/ , rename as libxXft.so..)
>
> I can confirm the breakage with Konqueror - also my custom bitmap font in
> Konsole doesn't load anymore. Apparently QT doesn't like the new Xft version
> too well - reverting to the old version fixes all this.

Note: Japanese fonts require a Japanese font.  If I install the
monafonts-ttf port, I can view most Japanese pages just fine.  Please
send me your custom bitmap font.  I'd like to be able to provide Keith
some info to go on.  Thanks.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org