mod_perl and apache/apache+mod_ssl

Dustin Puryear dustin at puryear-it.com
Mon Mar 15 11:50:17 PST 2004

I manage a considerable number of customized packages that I build from
ports. Some of these packages, such as www/mod_perl and lang/php4 look for
www/apache13 to be installed. For lang/php4 I can override which port of
apache is requird by using APACHE_PORT. This is useful when I need to build
www/apache13+mod_ssl rather than www/apache13. mod_perl does not offer this.
For now I simply pkg_add -f my mod_perl package. However, the better
situation would be to build www/mod_perl so that it supports something like
APACHE_PORT as well. Indeed, this makes since for all www/mod_* that apply
against apache.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the great work!

---