samba vscan notification problem

Rainer Link rainer at openantivirus.org
Fri Mar 12 15:20:53 PST 2004

Hi,

no HTML please.

> I am using samba vscan 0.3.4, samba 2.2.8a, clamav 0.6.7, freebsd 4.9.
> All packages are complied from ports.
>
> After the installation of samba-vscan, when a user copy a infected
> file into the share, the user is notified by the messenger. However,
> when the user copy the same infected file into the share again,
> the user is not notified. But the user is notified
> if he/she copy another infected file
> (just with a different file name).

That's by design. samba-vscan tries not to flood the user with messages.
Moreover, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;132524
is worth a reading - 6 is enough for everyone ;-)

As this issue is not an FBSD ports problem, please send comments et al
either to me directly or join the openantivirus-discuss mailing list.

Thanks.

best regards,
Rainer Link