default OPTIONS aren't the default when BATCH is set

Arjan van Leeuwen avleeuwen at piwebs.com
Thu Mar 11 16:56:38 PST 2004

If I define the BATCH environment variable, I'd expect ports to choose their
default values for the OPTIONS they might have.

However, it seems like all options are simply set to 'off', thereby making
many of the ports that I upgraded lately unusable.

For example, my own graphics/digikamplugins port builds nothing if all its
options are off.

The multimedia/kdemultimedia3 package builds without the default mpeglib
package, which can give unexpected results when trying to run other KDE
programs that depend on this functionality.

Apart from being a nuisance for me when updating, does this also mean that
packages built on by the FreeBSD package cluster are also built without there
default options? This will give very strange results when installing from
packages.

Best regards,

Arjan