c++ problem?

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 06:02:09 PST 2004

> > [ ... ]
> > [ ... ]
> > >It does seem to be coming up a lot recently..I'd feel better about it
> > >if I knew what had installed that file, though.
> >
> > Would it be reasonable to start looking at ports which actually contain
>the
> > file in their pkg-plist, such as lang/gcc*:
> >
> > 247-sec% pkg_info -La | grep libstdc++.a
> > /usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd4.9/3.4.0/libstdc++.a
> >
> > Maybe one of the gcc ports created or symlink'ed that library under
> > /usr/local/lib directly, rather than, or in addition to, using the GNU
> > autoconf-triple + software_version path...?
> >
> > Someone with a system exhibiting the problem might try the command above
> > and see whether they get a match.
>
>On my machine, and on some others when I asked them to try, the file
>was unclaimed by any packages (as reported by pkg_which).  This
>probably means a popular port was doing something naughty in the past
>and has since been fixed.

I thought maybe I could see by timestamps something else getting
installed at the same time and get a clue.

I looked in /usr/local/lib, include, bin, sbin, and the
only thing I see with the same timestamp is in lib ...

-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    943964 Jan 27 16:41 libstdc++.a
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel      1047 Jan 27 16:41 libstdc++.la
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    131132 Jan 27 16:41 libsupc++.a
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel      1023 Jan 27 16:41 libsupc++.la