[Fwd: libXext Problems when upgrading ports]

Michael Dunham michaeldunham at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 8 19:23:10 PST 2004

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 06:39:15PM -0800, Michael Dunham wrote:
>

>>I'm encountering several ports that are failing upgrades to a "missing
>>libXext" ..
>>
>>The latest is Digikam
>>
>>failure listing below:
>>checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
>>checking for libXext... no
>>configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since
>>configure
>>can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't
>>find
>>them either.
>>===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>>Please report the problem to avleeuwen at piwebs.com [maintainer]
>>and attach the
>>"/home/ports/graphics/digikam/work/digikam-0.6/config.log" inc
>>luding the
>>output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
>>a good idea to
>>provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
>>(                 e.g. an `ls
>>/var/db/pkg`).
>>*** Error code 1
>>

>How about you start by following the advice given to you by the
>system? :-)
>
>Kris

No offense Kris - I have tried that.  As I mentioned, this is not an
isolated issue for my system for some reason. I don't want to spam a
group of ports maintainers with a problem that is general across several
ports for me and not specific to this port.

I'm looking for a suggestion for what I should do to solve the whole
problem if anyone has encountered something similar.

Mike