FreeBSD Port: kdevelop-3.0.0

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 02:26:36 PST 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 12:11, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:31:16AM +0100, Frank wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I tried so many places to get an answer with no result so i try to
> > get one here!
> >
> > I have installed KDevelop 3.0.0 using cvsup. (self compiled)
> > Now i have the problem that i cant compile any projects i have
> > created for this reason:
> >
> > *** Creating aclocal.m4
> > **** Creating configure
> > *aclocal.m4:10967: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is
> > required *aclocal.m4:10967: the top level
> > *gmake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> > *gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> > **** Exited with status: 2 ***
> >

> > But i have installed autoconf 2.57 so that can't be the problem!
>
> On FreeBSD the autoconf ports are installed into nonstandard
> locations, because the autoconf developers assume that you'll only
> ever want to have one version installed at a time.  That's an
> incorrect assumption since they have broken backwards compatibility,
> so a lot of older software can't be built with the latest version.
>
> You'll have to jump through some hoops to point your software to the
> autoconf files - take a look at what bsd.port.mk does to build ports
> with a specified version.

A quick look makes me think I can hack kdevelop into always using
specific versions of autofsck tools, which we could then add as
RUN_DEPEND to the port. I'll need to do some testing on this later, and
discuss it with the other kde@ people.

Specifically, this error report is because kdevelop will look for
binaries named automake/autoconf, which are installed by automake-1.5
and autoconf-2.53 ports respectively. Since 2.53 < 2.54, you get the
error. I'll see if I can make kdevelop use automake-1.7 and
autoconf-2.57 ports instead.

No promises on a fix though, I've got N+10 tasks outstanding, with time
for only N. If you're lucky, you'll get it in the next kdevelop
release, if you're not lucky...

A.

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org