HEADS UP: GNOME package server open for business

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 2 14:03:00 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 16:57, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 03:36:55PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > I have completed work on the GNOME package building tinderbox.  Packages
> > for all supported versions of FreeBSD (i386 only) are available, or will
> > be available soon.
>
> Any chance to have this on pluto1 for ia64 packages? I typically
> build GNOME from scratch there after some major update (either core
> OS or GNOME itself).

Sure.  The code is heavily based on bento, but uses a flexible datastore
backend (currently MySQL).  It supports ad hoc builds as well.  Pav and
I are fleshing out the reporting side of things, so the database schema
is likely to change soon.

> > In addition to the standard FreeBSD ports tree
> > version, the development version of GNOME from my CVS repo will also be
> > available.
>
> We may want to do this on pluto1 as well...

Not a bad idea.  Does MySQL work on ia64?

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org