Simplifying life with X.org and ports dependencies

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 30 21:34:26 PDT 2004

>> (06.30.2004 @ 2355 PST): Roman Bogorodskiy said, in 1.9K: <<
> Some time ago I've sent a such patch to anholt@, but he havn't answered
> yet.
>
> So, XFree <-> XOrg can be switched by adding USE_XORG=1 to make.conf.
> But I hasn't tested it enough. Anyway, this can couse some problmes
> since some ports may use straight deps on XFree, like i.e. fluxbox-devel
> before the lastest commit.
>> end of "Re: Simplifying life with X.org and ports dependencies" from Roman Bogorodskiy <<

He's already said that he's working on it, and that Xorg has not been
fully deployed yet on FreeBSD. Anholt is very thorough; you can be sure
that when everything is ready, this problem will be resolved.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org