FreeBSD Port: portupgrade-20040529

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 29 21:25:16 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 00:12, Roop Nanuwa wrote:
> Just a quick feature request for portupgrade/portinstall. It seems
> that the -c/-C options are based on the whole set of installs so there
> is no cleaning done inbetween dependency installations.

Actually, it looks to me like portinstall/portupgrade just issues a
"make install" for the highest level dependency it can and lets the
usual bsd.ports.mk port dependency stuff do all the work, so it doesn't
have control over what happens in between those builds.  I suspect
changing that would require making portinstall/portupgrade a lot smarter
(and then potentially having to update them every time bsd.ports.mk
changes, since it can no longer let bsd.ports.mk do the heavy lifting).

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH