Help wanted: Porting WhiteWater to FreeBSD

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue Jun 29 07:54:29 PDT 2004

Andrew Walrond wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 Jun 2004 15:22, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
>

>>plainly writes: "I don't care enough about your OS to even try to
>>install it, but you are surely interested in my great application"?
>

> I downloaded and burned all five FreeBSD 5.2.1 at the weekend, then tried to
> install it on all three of my test machines (Dual P3, Dual P4Xeon, Opteron)
> unsuccessfully. Unfortunately, my time is limited, so I asked, very politely,
> for a little help.

Could you share with us the errors you have in more detail?

> Which is when I met you, Oliver.

> There are always people like you lurking on technical mailing lists. Usually a
> quick google of the name is enough. In your case, well, we're something of a
> non-entity, aren't we Oliver? Two bug reports...is that all?
>
> Many someone should have a word with your parents. You'll clearly amount to
> very little without some guidance.

Let me kick in here, don't do that to eachother, you are both grown up
(i hope) so show that to the community.

Oliver's point is clear , though perhaps a bit too hard in his words
and
Andrew is also clear and perhaps acting a bit childish (in this email)

If you think "I dont have much with this answer" then just think, thanks
for the input, i will look further. If everyone is going to do this, we
have a kindergarten class real soon..

Sorry that i interrupted.

--
Kind regards,