pango upgrade breaks audacity and mozilla ports

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Tue Jun 22 06:54:48 PDT 2004

I'm seeing exactly this after upgrading mozilla on a freebsd 4.10-release
system. First did a portupgrade -R mozilla. It wouldn't start, but crashed
sig 11. mozilla -debug goes into a tight loop.

So, I ran portupgrade -fR mozilla, but it does not help.

Text is displayed as dots in gtk applications (seems so anyway, gimp has
this problem), and mozilla crashes on startup, with exit code 11.

mozilla-gtk1 is also installed and it works fine...

Any more ideas? I'll try rebuilding the recommended ports and will see if
this helps.

/Palle

--On Monday, June 21, 2004 14:06:34 -0500 Craig Boston