Varkon port status

pfgshield-pedro at yahoo.com pfgshield-pedro at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 02:43:38 GMT 2004

Hi;

JIC someone is interested in working on this port, there are several issues:

- There is an interesting posting on how to add ODBC support
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/varkon-discuss/2004-March/000137.html

- The Makefiles want to find X Headers and libraries at /usr/X11R6/, perhaps
the easiest way to fix this (thinking of the upcoming X.Org) would be tu
REINPLACE all occurences of /usr/X11R6 with X11BASE in the makefiles.

- It looks like there are crashes when using modern versions of Mesa :(.
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/varkon-discuss/2004-March/000138.html
I didn't see them when I ported varkon, but you are warned.

cheers,

    Pedro.