Interactive ports

Hermes Trismegistus hermes at trismegistus.net
Sat Jun 12 20:52:10 GMT 2004

Ok, it is with great trepidation that I ask this question, and, yes, I
feel like a complete idiot (nothing new here). I have RTFM and STFW to
no avail. While this topic is discussed ad infinitum in the archives,
not even once is a simple "what to do" printed. So I run "make" in
"/usr/ports/security/tripwire" it gives stdout that this is an
"interactive port". Ok, I download the version of tripwire that is being
referenced in the makefile, and cp it to "/usr/ports/disfiles", and I get
the same stdout when doing a "make", "this is an interactive port". Ok, I
get the message, it is indeed a interactive port. What the hell does this
mean, and I how can I install this "interactive port".

Cheers,

J. Craig Woods
UNIX/Linux Network/System Administration
http://www.trismegistus.net/resume.htm
Entropy requires no maintenance.